LeeLee's Chicken & Dumplins.
You can have LeeLee's Chicken & Dumplins using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of LeeLee's Chicken & Dumplins
- It's 1 of rotisserie chicken - deboned, skinned, and shredded.
- It's 1 stick of butter, unsalted.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- It's 32 oz of water.
- It's 3 tsp of "better than bouillon" chicken flavor/ or 3 tsp granules.
- It's 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth or 1 box.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic powder (optional).
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder (optional).
- It's 1 tsp of parsley.
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
- It's 1-2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken.
- Prepare 2 of small cans buttermilk biscuits.
- You need as needed of Flour,.
- Prepare 2-3 of carrots, peeled and cut.
LeeLee's Chicken & Dumplins instructions
- In a large stockpot, melt butter. Add onions and caramelize slightly..
- Add water and bring to a boil. Add bouillon and stir. Add chicken broth, seasonings, and bay leaf..
- Bring back to a boil, add cream of chicken (I take out the weird chicken pieces) and stir until there are no lumps..
- Add shredded chicken and turn heat to low..
- Prepare a floured surface. Take biscuits apart and roll each side in flour. Cut into four pieces..
- Bring broth to a medium-high boil. Add biscuits a few at a time, stirring slowly. (Make sure the broth is boiling before you drop the biscuits in or they will be a mushy mess 😢).
- Turn heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 45 minutes. Set timer and stir after every 15 minutes!.
- Add the carrots before the last 15 minutes..
- Remove from heat, and let cool a little to thicken. Remove bay leaves before serving!.